Safety is our number one priority.
Our CORE™ Health and Safety Program is a behavior-based approach focused on incident prevention.
CORE™ is designed to:
- Focus on the prevention of work-related incidents through enhanced training
- Create a measurable behavior-based, self-sustaining safety culture that is easily articulated and comprehended
- Assign specific responsibilities at all levels throughout the Company and provide proven tools to eliminate incidents
When building our program, we conducted a comparative analysis of ten award-winning organizations to identify best practices. We incorporated these seven common elements into our own practices and program.
Training is the foundation of the CORE Program and is structured to develop skills, accentuate strengths, support client performance, and drive toward a zero incident goal.
Compliance & Risk Management
Compliance and risk management incorporates a closed-loop process to eliminate gaps in regulation adherence, and seeks to reduce incidents, exposures and liabilities for Cascade and its clients.
Inspections & Audits
Inspections and audits validate safe practices and processes are in use and compliance with all regulatory and internal practices is achieved.
Communication ensures understanding and strengthens safety education. It provides definitive instruction and support and is a way to solicit feedback.
Recognition & Accountability
We encourage involvement and provide a platform for advancement when we celebrate the achievements, responsibility, and leadership of our employees.
Managers and supervisors are not exempt from participating in the seven elements of this program—they model what it means to incorporate them into every part of the work day.
Incident Investigation & Case Management
Incident investigation is important in understanding causes, the improvement of procedures, and the development of preventative measures.
Award Winning Safety
- 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 National Drilling Association Safety Award
- 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 Shovel Safe / Golden Shovel recipient
- 100+ years of combined EHS team industry & safety experience
- Goal Zero certificate from Shell
- USACE recognition for zero lost time incidents
- Recognition for event-free performance from Duke Energy
- EHS leadership recognized for excellence in the safety industry